- Start Here
- Course Content
End of Course Evaluation
Compassion Fatigue Therapist
Building on the practitioner’s approach to treating the traumatized and adding the approaches to treating work-related PTSD with the ultimate goal of worker wellness. This course builds upon the knowledge and skills acquired in the Compassion Fatigue Educator course.
NOTE: In registering for this course you will have access to its contents for 1 month starting from the registration date. You must complete the course within 1 month of your registration date.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will:
- Recognize the array of assessment methods for both compassion fatigue, resiliency, and stress reactions.
- Recognize the array of treatment approaches for treating compassion fatigue and related work-related trauma.
- Recognize that strategies for preventing compassion fatigue are associated with effective self care and, thus the need to focus on wellness in the workplace.
- Describe the elements of the wellness and the MASTERS Transformative process
- Describe the challenges of working with those with compassion fatigue and how best to convince them that they need a comprehensive program of transformation.
- Describe the process of translating the data generated from testing and interviewing the client to designing a program of treatment and Identify self-care goals;
- Describe the basic elements of a Compassion Fatigue Treatment Program.
- Understand and appreciate one’s own journey to wellness and be aware of the requirements for getting there and staying there.
- Learn and practice visualization techniques.
- Develop a path for one’s own journey and the need for self care toward wellness.
- Recognize resistance to, excuses about, and readiness for wellness transformation.
- Apply the array of treatment approaches for treating compassion fatigue and related work-related trauma.
- Describe the ways in which Traumatic Incident Reduction can be used effectively to desensitize traumatized workers as part of a comprehensive wellness transformation process.
- Describe the ways in which EMDR can be used effectively to desensitize traumatized workers as part of a comprehensive wellness transformation process.
- Describe the challenges of remission in the journey toward wellness and the strategies to prevent it and assure wellness maintenance.
- Apply the wellness transformation process in one’s own professional context (e.g., private practice, child protection, medical, first responders)
- Recognize and appreciate the challenges of applying the knowledge and skills of a Compassion Fatigue Therapist to extend this knowledge through training, education, and supervision.