- Start Here
- Course Content
End of Course Evaluation
Compassion Fatigue Therapist
This CE builds on the compassion fatigue educator course to be able to monitor and care for those responding or working with crisis, disaster, terrorism, or chronic trauma. Assessment and practical skill are emphasized with self-care and wellness strategies for continuing effective intervention.
Building on the practitioner’s approach to treating the traumatized and adding the approaches to treating work-related PTSD with the ultimate goal of worker wellness. This course builds upon the knowledge and skills acquired in the Compassion Fatigue Educator course.
NOTE: In registering for this course you will have access to its contents for 1 month starting from the registration date. You must complete the course within 1 month of your registration date.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will:
- Recognize the array of assessment methods for both compassion fatigue, resiliency, and stress reactions.
- Recognize the array of treatment approaches for treating compassion fatigue and related work-related trauma.
- Recognize that strategies for preventing compassion fatigue are associated with effective self care and, thus the need to focus on wellness in the workplace.
- Describe the elements of the wellness and the MASTERS Transformative process
- Describe the challenges of working with those with compassion fatigue and how best to convince them that they need a comprehensive program of transformation.
- Describe the process of translating the data generated from testing and interviewing the client to designing a program of treatment and Identify self-care goals;
- Describe the basic elements of a Compassion Fatigue Treatment Program.
- Understand and appreciate one’s own journey to wellness and be aware of the requirements for getting there and staying there.
- Learn and practice visualization techniques.
- Develop a path for one’s own journey and the need for self care toward wellness.
- Recognize resistance to, excuses about, and readiness for wellness transformation.
- Apply the array of treatment approaches for treating compassion fatigue and related work-related trauma.
- Describe the ways in which Traumatic Incident Reduction can be used effectively to desensitize traumatized workers as part of a comprehensive wellness transformation process.
- Describe the ways in which EMDR can be used effectively to desensitize traumatized workers as part of a comprehensive wellness transformation process.
- Describe the challenges of remission in the journey toward wellness and the strategies to prevent it and assure wellness maintenance.
- Apply the wellness transformation process in one’s own professional context (e.g., private practice, child protection, medical, first responders)
- Recognize and appreciate the challenges of applying the knowledge and skills of a Compassion Fatigue Therapist to extend this knowledge through training, education, and supervision.